Sunday, July 23, 2006

“... Every Six Months."

“Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.” Oscar Wilde. Bit of a brutal quote, but perfect for illustrating a point, seeing as it was the first thing that sprang to mind when it came to me doing a fashion shoot. After all, whoever though of me shooting fashion? That said, it was a pleasant surprise, and certainly debunked a lot of myths around the whole process. And I learnt a few things as well... not least of which concerned lighting. Thanks to Jodi for understanding my inexperience, and Warren for being on hand via cellphone when I had to know what plugged in where.

Speaking of Warren, that's him in the background, looking miserable (because I had to ask him to stop smoking, drinking and pulling faces every time I took a shot.) This was on the last day of the shoot for Collezioni Sport & Street, an Italian magazine that he has done quite a bit of work for, as you can see on his blog. Anyway, I have chosen a selection of shots, ranging from day one above, on July 13th, to the last on the 23rd. Not what I am used to doing, but fun while it lasted. All in all, it was to be along the lines of Jozi At Night, and to have a reportage feel to it... hence my involvement, I guess. Less reportage than I am used to, but so it goes. Credit to those that do this well, for a living.

Later.







2 Comments:

Blogger dane matthysen photographer said...

hay hows it going i met you at ram fest and have a big favour to ask i must do a profile on a cape town based photographer of our choice for the technicon and want to know if its ok if i can meet you some were just for a few questions if its ok with you?are you going thru to metal 4 africa this saterday?

14:41  
Blogger Liam Lynch said...

Jesus Dane, sorry this is such a late reply... Did I deal with this? Whether I did or not, it has been a while and this may have come in under the radar...

Anyway, contact me via email... but, by the I don't live in Cape Town... Pretoria based.

L.

00:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home