Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday Morning You Look So Fine: ACOIO.
















A little overwhelmed, to be honest. Just back from the Red Bull Music Academy's A Class Of Its Own. So much new music, both on my iPod and witnessed live...

Torsten catching me off-guard with his sunrise beats; Hannibal's take on Hotstix, as well as his Living With colab with Owusu...

Some of the best house I have ever heard from Black Coffee, nuf respect to Busi in the process; that, and anything Wally lays his hands on...

Seeing Ben Zinc kick it live again at Assembly, along with DJ Lil' John, who scored me some of his Buraka Som Sistema, which has been on HEAVY rotation since...

Aloe handed me two albums, along with hearing him drop it live: keep your eyes for the working titled Change Your Mind. Rio and I got messed up on sleep-dep one night and took an ether-tour round his extensive roles in New Zealand's Reggae, Dub and Hip Hop scene...

And not to forget Göran "Always Hungry" Dahlström, himself overwhelmed above, whose vocals have been stuck in my head for days and days and actually caused Ben to laugh...

Much respect to Red Bull Music Academy. I learnt a lot, and I was just the fly on the wall... I think A Class Of Its Own is an experiment in genius.

More to come...

Later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben Rausch said...

Liam dude, that piece is something else!

11:48  
Blogger Liam Lynch said...

Thanks mate... you mean the Swede looking at the mountain, or the shot up in Melville?

Heard you were dressed up as a Panda last night as well... sorry I didn't get to say "Hi!"

L.

12:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home